The financial planner jobs’ goal is to help manage the investments and money of others. This type of job is very rewarding and you feel absolutely great when you see that your clients are more than satisfied with the results they are getting from your hard work and skills. To be a financial planner, there are many qualities you should possess.
Financial planner jobs require individuals who are adept in analyzing complex financial issues. An applicant must be able to explain details about issues regarding investments to your clients. You should be great in dealing with details and figures. You must also be good at understanding accounting and financial concepts and the ability to retain clients for many years.
What are the responsibilities of a financial planner you say? There are 2 major categories of responsibilities. Which are applicable to you depends entirely if you plan to engage in individual planner jobs, or work for businesses. Below you will find some of the duties you will have:
• Project income and financial statements should be evaluated
• Mutual and hedge funds investments must be managed
• Find the best ways for cash flow managements and made the fund available in case your client should invest.
• Analyze complete credit and risk
• Should follow government tax laws
• Should keep an eye on the competition and sell or buy securities.
• Should manage financial and analyst teams
• Large portfolios should be managed to generate more income
• Sell securities and insurance
• Should provide tax advice as part of planning and financial workshops.
• Plan estate investments
• Retirement financial goals should be identified and help develop a strategy
The working conditions of the financial planner are often pleasant. You usually work in your home or at a company. Long hours are needed to meet goals especially when working large financial needs. Financial planners often have to work off hours to meet clients.
When it comes to financial planner jobs, you must absolutely have a bachelor’s degree. A bachelor’s degree in economics, financial planning, accounting would be preferable. If you have experience and you got certifications, you will most likely be hired. It is best to gain experience or work as an apprentice. Experience may lead to promotion as a fund’s manager, assistant financial manager. Others prefer to work independently, that is fine as well.
So how much money do planner jobs in finance earn? Well this is your chance to earn good money, aside from the salary you are going to get; your clients may throw in bonuses if the investments pay off. A financial adviser can earn $70,000 dollars annual income but more experience financial planner can earn as much as $120,000 per year. Not bad for someone who tells others what to do with their money.
Find job listings in planning by visiting PlanningCrossing.com. There are thousands of listings just waiting for you. Sign up for a risk free trial today to find financial planner jobs that are just right for you!