Northside Center for Child Development
Northside Center for Child Development, a Behavioral Health clinic in Harlem with over 70 years of providing behavioral health, educational, after school, tutoring and Head Start services, seeks a Preventive Case Planner. Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor, the Preventive Case Planner provides direct services to the client and the family. The Case Planner will assess and evaluate the family, identify and provide home based counseling, clinical service plan conferences and other conferences related to safety and risk to children. Case Planner will also refer to community-based organization and coordinate with ACS and any other community based organization that enhances the stability of the family.
• Provide initial and ongoing assessments to families with mental health, substance abuse and additional co-occurring disorders.
• Provide outreach to the family’s through home visits and other interventions to engage or facilitate treatment
• Develop with the family and facilitate a service plan that addresses the identified at-risk behaviors
• Skill teaching to develop or improve daily living in areas such as coping skills, parenting, anger management, problem solving, behavior management, social skills, communication
• Conduct weekly home based services as dictated by NCCD and ACS Policy
• Working knowledge of PROMIS and CONNECTIONS
• Participate in supervision, in-service trainings and team meetings
• Other duties as needed.
• Credentialed Alcohol Substance Abuse (CASAC) accreditation and their MSW and/or MHC
• Between 2 and 3 years’ experience in Child Welfare and over all knowledge of Preventive Services.
• Proven clinical skills pertaining to children and families are preferred
• Experience with MICA population
• Excellent Oral and Written Skills.
• Computer Literate.
• Good Organizational Skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various populations and ages.
• Experience in working with a team.
• Flexibility and Ability to meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. EOE. Interested, qualified candidates may forward resumes to:
Renee D. Blackwell, LMSW
Chief of Preventive Services
1301 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029
with job title in subject line. Visit us at: www.NorthsideCenter.org
See job description...