• Support Operations’ success by reading, interpreting and proactively responding to material requirements data within SAP and Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) processes. This includes ensuring timely resolution of the day-to-day activities related to operations such as invoices, expediting, processing return of rejected parts to suppliers, obtaining replacement of rejected parts, resolving receipt issues, and responding to questions/requests from both internal customers and suppliers.
o Meet inventory goals while supporting material requirements for Production
o Track inventory and make decisions according to company goals
o Place timely purchase orders, expedite material and resolve payment issues with suppliers
• Ensure highest levels of supplier performance and material quality by:
o Maintaining and promoting sound business relationships with suppliers
o Practicing cost avoidance
o Managing inbound material
o Track supplier performance
o Work closely with Supplier Quality in correcting quality issues related to suppliers
o Uses value analysis skills to reduce overall costs
o Track pricing, PPV and spend for all suppliers
o Develop data for spend analysis
o Support Strategic Sourcing activities
o Track overall supplier performance for pricing and delivery
o Understand and report on supplier capacity and capability
o Utilize and implement formal benchmarking process to determine best in class pricing
• Provide collaborative project support to Operations, Engineering, NPD, Quality, Finance and Customer Service.
o Works closely with all members of Purchasing and Production to assist in the development of sound, lowest total cost material strategies to support production requirements
o Participate as a member of cross-functional teams to assist in the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies
• Ensure effective, proactive communication with internal and external customers, including management team at all levels.
• All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
• Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Travel requirement: Less than 10%
• Bachelor’s degree required
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• 2 years of experience required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Experience employing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in supply chain activities and employing materials and inventory management using the Material Resource Planning (MRP)
• Experience with purchasing, production planning, forecasting and supplier management
• Experience managing projects and working in teams
• Experience with computer applications including Microsoft office
• Six Sigma, Lean and DMAIC a plus
• Experience in the medical device industry is desired
• Experience with SAP
• Familiar with working in an ISO 13485 and FDA regulated environment
• Experience working in a clean room environment
• Technically competent and able to communicate directions clearly in verbal, written, and graphical formats to managers, engineers and technicians
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Lift/Carry/Push/Pull 15 pounds or more
• Stand/Sit/Walk up to 8 hours a day
• Communicate via phone, computer, and meetings
• Sit/work in front of a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
• Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision
• Perform repetitive motion job functions
• Wear personal protective equipment as required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Duties could involve frequent exposure to noise, dirt, sawdust, odors, or similar surroundings