Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Ex I
Position provides planning analyst support to Facilities Management through project summary sheets, maps and budget reports. Position is main point of contact with the Procurement/Contracts department in matters related to accuracy of bid packages, and contracts status.
Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$3,897 - 6,647 monthly
$3,897 - 4,250 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
Facilities Management is the steward for the University buildings, infrastructure, grounds and landscape. We perform maintenance and renovation to facilities, plan and manage new building construction and support the Redefine the Possible initiative through our commitment to building a welcoming campus and by creating a dynamic physical environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-motivated, highly productive, a problem solver, results-oriented and respond effectively to changes in priorities and overlapping deadlines.
2. Must be able to present project and financial data to high level entities.
3. Must have strong oral and written communication skills
4. Ability to work with representatives from the Vice President's Office, the President's Office, the Chancellor's Office, other government agencies, vendors, contractors, consultants, donors and potential donors, members of the campus community and the general public to handle and resolve potentially sensitive situations.
5. Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and outside regulations pertaining to the areas of accounting and contracts.
6. Experience processing complex financial transactions, including purchase orders, reconciling complex budget activity, data entry and performing complex arithmetic calculations.
7. Experience in a PC-Windows based environment; must be able to access and use the Internet; must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
8. Must have working knowledge of enterprise database systems such as PeopleSoft.
9. Experience showing understanding and ability to interpret technical policies and procedures.
10. Experience being the main point of contact between multiple departments or outside entities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
11. Bachelor's degree or coursework in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
12. Experience tracking and/or managing construction project financial transactions preferred
13. Knowledge of higher education integrated administrative software functionality and components preferred.
14. Knowledge of customer service and quality improvement principles preferred.
15. Knowledge of higher education budget and financial analysis methods preferred.
16. Experience performing administrative support functions such as ordering office supplies, maintaining files, organizing projects, making travel arrangements, calendaring and operating standard office equipment preferred.
17. Ability to learn, interpret and apply a wide variety of policies and procedure relating to and impacting Facilities Planning, Design and Construction; knowledge of
policies and procedure related to financial management and capital construction preferred.
Valid California Driver's License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit (please use the apply button below).
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit ****for%2....
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit (please use the apply button below).
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
(see application details)
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.