SENIOR PLANNING MANAGER
We have an opening for a SENIOR PLANNING MANAGER
: Richmond, VA
Note: online applications accepted only
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
And other voluntary benefits
The Senior Planning Manager will provide direct support to the Meeting & Events Planning Managers, ensuring the seamless planning and coordination of meetings, conferences and other events.
The individual will support the General Manager with new initiatives, processes and procedures, providing feedback and assisting with successful implementation.
• Perform all job duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
• Meet or exceed the objective of Clients’ goals of associate experience
• Embraces leadership and be a catalyst for change and innovation.
• Actively support direct reports and other reporting staff
• Communicate clearly with all staff and keep them informed of matters which pertain to their jobs; host weekly direct report team meetings to review upcoming business. Host monthly departmental meetings with meeting agenda to provide an opportunity for all staff to collect, share lessons learned, receive company and HR updates and other areas of interest
• Be accountable for the performance of his/her teams
• Manage performance by addressing any concerns with the employee, and engaging Human Resources to follow the progressive counseling
process to ensure the highest level of execution and performance by all team members
• Prepare and administer annual performance appraisals for all team members
• Prepares monthly metrics, reporting and other data as requested by Capital One
• Control expenses monthly to coincide with budgeted payroll and operational budgets
• Assist Planning Managers in utilizing the reservation system and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space so as to maximize utilization
• Ensure Planning Managers adhere to policies and procedures
• Coordinate a wide range of services for meetings which have been booked, including Audio Visual requirements, food and beverage requests, conference room set-ups, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
• Confer with clients before, during and after their events, maintaining a positive relationship and responding to inquiries and requests in a timely manner
• Communicate to all relevant internal departments and subcontractors the specific needs of the client, both in advance of and during the course of meetings
• Participate in daily and weekly Planning Meetings, reviewing the details of events which he or she has been working on, answering questions from staff members, and discussing relevant logistical matters
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 205668
Nearest Major Market:
Payroll, Food Service, Finance, Hospitality