Date: Feb 7, 2018
Location: Southlake, TX, US
Req ID: 26785
Job Family: 5252
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
This position entails working in a 24x7 fast paced operational environment dealing with high availability systems. The manager is tasked with leading a team that provides application support, change authoring and deployments for the Ticketing and Payment Ops team.
* Mentor a team of 7-10 direct reports in production and test support functions.
* Responsible for release and deployment of application CRs across multiple platforms from integration through production
* Responsible to meet or exceed a 96% KPI on successful deployment of CRs
* Use and refine tools that support system health, monitor system performance, develop and maintain performance monitoring and error tracking.
* Provide direct communication and support to Ticketing and Payment management.
* Identify areas of the release process that can be improved with advanced scripting and automation.
* Provide leadership during daily Change Advisory Board meetings, as well as incident and operational calls as needed.
* Facilitate and fine tune On-Call rotation tasks as required by the business
* Work closely with multiple internal groups, which include Development, System Owners, Incident Management & line support
* Assist application support owners in providing day to day operating compliance, stability and system health and performance of the applications and infrastructure.
* Assist application support owners with Run-books and end to end documentation.
* Cleanup & enhance the alerting system.
* Update Operational Documentation (e2e, monitoring, support)
* Facilitate incident and problem management activities which include incident resolution and RCA investigation.
* Experience leading a team at the manager or lead level
* Linux / Unix experience
* Scripting Abilities - Bash, Kornshell, Perl
* SQL Query Skills - basic Oracle or MYSQL
* JAVA and JVM - basic understanding is good (no programming necessary).
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Good Analytical capabilities & troubleshooting skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in a 24x7 fast paced Operational Environment (Shifts & On-Call Duties required)
* General experience with distributed architecture and/or High Availability Systems.
* Knowledge of systems with high performance and redundancy
* Experience working with remote teams
* Change Management Experience
* ITSM/ITIL Experience - Knowledge Articles, CMDB, Incident/Problem Management
* Preferred Knowledge of task management tools, Service Now and Rally.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of MQ
* Basic knowledge and understanding of TPF
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabres Employee Relations Department at ****************************
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, Manager, Java, Linux, Technology, Management
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.sabre.com/
We are a global travel technology company serving the world’s largest industry — travel and tourism. We provide software to travel agencies, corporations, travelers, airlines, hotels, car, rail, cruise and tour operator companies through our four businesses.