The Delivery Network team is looking to add a Transportation Planning Analyst to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Delivery Network team manages all of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What you will do:
* Plan and optimize **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s transportation network for speed, performance, and cost.
* Develop weekly operational plans that enable business stakeholders to successfully execute daily transportation movements across North America.
* Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology.
* Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
* Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
* Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
* Create dashboard to help create and track key metrics used to help support our business
* Optimizing our network in the US has led to the implementation of a hub and spoke design for transportation to the customer. Additional modeling efforts will include a focus on custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point.
* Strategic analysis of the delivery experience to model fulfillment options for non-standard delivery times.
* Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
* Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
Who you are:
* You have at least 1 years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
* You have a degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
* Previous experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
* Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
* Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
* Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
* Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages not required but preferred.
* Expert Excel skills
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. family of sites includes:
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.