Manager, Demand Planning Center of Excellence
Sr Manager, Demand Planning Center of Excellence
The Manager, Demand Planning Center of Excellence will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambition of transforming supply chain planning in the company by identifying and deploying demand planning best practices and executing projects in partnership with the Division Supply Chain teams. As an integral part of the Center of Excellence the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
• Lead the execution of demand planning capability building projects and implementation of process and best practices in conjunction with Division supply chain teams
• Drive strategies, methodologies and best practices that ensure excellence in demand planning – including forecasting, predictive analytics, irregular / regular demand projection, scenario planning and revenue / cost projection.
• Lead the implementation or overhaul of the divisional S&OP / Integrated business planning process to ensure better alignment within the business teams, maintain transparency with executive leaders and ensure delivery of performance results.
• Contribute to the maximization of demand planning metrics e.g. forecast accuracy and attainment by deploying demand planning processes and best practices that are extendable across our divisions and delivering sophisticated demand planning diagnostic tools to facilitate analysis, decision making and to improve supply chain key performance metrics.
• Participates in the design of data collection, insights, modeling and reporting processes to improve management and decision making
• Ensure smooth transitions with required changes and implementations across functions and divisions.
• Maintain high levels of service as measured by internal benchmarks and customer performance expectations
• Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
• Set strategic direction and develop detailed project plans to achieve project objectives
• Manage cross-functional project team members to ensure delivery of project milestones and achieve expected productivity objectives
• Document project deliverables and develop train materials for use in educating division team members
• Deliver training and education sessions to Division personnel impacted by the project.
The successful candidate will be an established practitioner with a proven track record delivering results within the End-to End Supply Chain and particularly in demand planning. The successful candidate must be technically competent within a supply chain vertical. Finally being hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution while working on projects of strategic importance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management or related technical field, MBA preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a demand planning and forecasting department.
• Experience in S&OP implementations , ERP implementations, APO / IBP
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Supply Chain systems including but not limited to SAP, Oracle, JDE, SAS, Manugistics, and Teradata. Advanced knowledge of statistical modeling and demand systems (e.g. SAP APO, JDA, Logility, etc.) is preferred.
• 2 years experience leading or executing projects in a supply chain vertical or across the End-to-End Supply Chain.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing best practices and processes in a demand planning organization.
• Deep understanding of the requirements of manufacturing, logistics, marketing, sales and finance.
• Working knowledge of the levers available to deliver supply chain savings across the Demand Planning vertical
• Ability to lead by collaboration, influence people, and communicate well across multiple organizational functions.
• Strong Character – ability to champion the right decision in difficult situations
• Demonstrated track record of effectively building partnerships and managing and resolving challenges.
• Intermediate level skills developing analysis in Excel , PowerBI ,and/or MS Access
• Intermediate level skills developing presentations in MS Powerpoint.
• Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees.
• Strong planning & organizing skills.
• Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to travel 50-75% to Division locations across the US and Internationally.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.