PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers.
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Production Planner Scheduler schedules and coordinates flow of work within or between work centers or business units. Employees in this job class review master schedules and work orders, establishes priorities, and revise schedules according to projects, work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capacity of workers, parts, materials and equipment. This job class requires knowledge in processing methods, engineering and account management.
1. *Coordinates and schedules production by running and revising daily reports of planning parameters, which includes forecasting and manufacturing data, warehouse logistics, inventory cost levels and turnaround times.
2. *Opens all work orders for assigned products and coordinates production schedules. Ensures bills of materials and work instructions are properly entered into system.
3. *Maintains and updates material forecasting data for internal and external customers; loads data, and runs forecasting reports.
4. *Responds to questions from inside sales, production and internal and external customers, and provides accurate information regarding production schedules, plans and status.
5. *Revises planned orders by increasing or decreasing the buys for inventory. Notifies buyers to load purchase orders, or processes own purchase orders, depending on product, and coordinates receipt of orders with Receiving Department staff;
6. *Monitors production, resolves problems, and documents work with production floor supervisor-dispatcher.
7. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of experience in manufacturing production planning and/or procurement;
• Familiarity with standard procedures in production, scheduling, and purchasing in a manufacturing environment;
• Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements: Not Applicable
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Roseville. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Website : http://www.prideindustries.com
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest nonprofit employers of people with disabilities, provides outsourcing solutions that meet the manufacturing and service needs of Fortune 500 companies and government agencies nationwide. As a nonprofit social enterprise operating in 14 states and the nation’s capital, we employ more than 5,300 people, including more than 2,900 people with disabilities. Where disability impedes employment, we champion the unemployed. People with disabilities and other barriers to employment count on us to provide employment opportunities, training, and ongoing support to achieve workplace success. Through a wide spectrum of services, we help people overcome employment obstacles and enable them to lead productive, independent lives as contributing members of their communities. Visit our People Services section to learn more.