Overland Park, KS, United States
Project Management, Planning
Initiative Project Leader PS22584
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS22584
Post Date: 4 hours ago
This position can be based at any Anthem core location. Preferred locations IN, VA, TN, GA, KY
Responsible for developing long-term strategies regarding financial planning and investments for the Service Experience business unit. Leads the progress review of Service Experience Transformation initiatives and creates presentations for investment requests Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Provides financial leadership, decision support and strategic consultation to the management team.
• Leads SX management team in annual planning and budgeting.
• Leads the review of potential investment dollars needed to support strategy.
• Develops financial controls, interfaces and processes to ensure fiscal integrity.
• Participates in optimizing strategic initiatives and planning through challenges to cost/benefit long term investments.
• Oversees business unit projects involving significant monetary investment.
• Designs and executes all SX management processes.
• Provides direct professional support and staffing to executive management and leads the comprehensive strategic and annual planning for the business.
• Translates complex, technical information into presentation-friendly formats including graphical displays to a wide variety of internal and external executive audiences.
• Analyzes, researches and develops complex materials and documents relating to health issues, business performance, market dynamic issues, operational issues, and general management issues.
• Coordinates programs with Human Resources to enhance learning and growth opportunities for the SX team.
• Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field; 8 years of management experience with significant large-scale project management, strategic planning and/or consulting in the health care industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Master’s degree preferred. Excellent leadership, financial, and analytical skills required. Strategic thinker with broad & deep understanding of the health care industry required. Must be able to travel.
• 8 years related experience in significant large-scale project management, strategic planning and /or consulting .
• Excellent leadership, financial, and analytical skills required. Strategic thinker with broad & deep understanding of the health care industry strongly preferred.
Website : http://www.antheminc.com
The company was formed when WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. merged in 2004 to become the nation's leading health benefits company. The parent company originally assumed the WellPoint, Inc. name at the time of the merger. In December 2014, WellPoint, Inc. changed its corporate name to Anthem, Inc. The Anthem brand is built on a foundation of trust – it’s the name consumers are most familiar with as a trusted health care partner through our affiliated health plans. Anthem, Inc. is one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States. Through its affiliated health plans, Anthem companies deliver a number of leading health benefit solutions through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Anthem, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association serving members in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin; and specialty plan members in other states.