Date Last Verified
We have an opening for a CONFERENCE PLANNER
: Richmond, VA
Note: online applications accepted only
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
And other voluntary benefits
1. Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
2. Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
3. Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
4. Maintain uniform and grooming standards as outlined in employee handbook and departmental training.
5. Establishes and maintains a positive professional relationship through effective and timely communication with the Capital One associate and the staff of managed meeting space to distribute a group’s needs. Vehicles: daily reports, flashes, conference review, post-con meetings, written and verbal communication.
6. Communicate effectively with Strategic Partner staffs to ensure that meeting space standards are met and that contractual obligations (written and verbal) are fulfilled.
Capital One Public
7. Ensures that group requirements are met while the group is on property.
8. Requires ability to move quickly and frequently throughout the property several times a day.
9. Knows property layout, policies, procedures and all capabilities.
10.Respects all employees and department policies.
11.Analyzes, anticipates and solves problems.
12.Assesses, offers creative suggestions and recommendations while coordinating and verifying Transportation, Meeting Room Setup, Audio Visual, Food and Beverage and Billing.
13.Flexible and honest enough not to over-promise or under-commit.
14.Has the authority to ensure that work is accomplished and associate’s needs are met.
15.Reviews final bill, if necessary, prior to sending to Capital One.
16.As scheduled, attends: Conference Review, Planners Meeting, and Daily Stand-up/Pre-shift meeting.
17.To perform other duties as required including assisting any department as necessary due to business levels; which may require physical activity.
18.Communicate operational challenges to your manager.
19.Provide assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by immediate supervisor.
20.Accurately track mileage and follow proper reimbursement policies.
21.Provide support to offsite or alternative meeting space as determined necessary due to business demands.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 195459