The Systems Engineer (SE) will provide support in the following areas: Project Analysis and Design: provide technical engineering consulting and engineering support to project teams; establish a development environment as appropriate, perform requirements analysis and measure the effectiveness of the technology against a specified set of objectives. Project Engineering: utilize system-engineering methodologies in the planning, implementation, and delivery phases of the project. This includes identifying risks and proposing mitigation strategies for all proposed solutions. Project Execution: provide systems engineering support in the areas of systems development, and network architecture development. This includes providing project support to include developing written documentation, graphic design, oral presentation, and activity scheduling. The Systems Engineer will support the design, deployment, and O&M support of networks. This position requires system-level knowledge across a wide range of technologies. The ability to integrate systems across technology layers is a key requirement.
Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
• Typically requires an Associate degree in a computer field and eight (8) years of related experience. Progressive and relevant education, training and/or certification(s) may be substituted for a portion of the degree and experience requirements
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Advanced knowledge the customer and the interworking’s of the organization are critical to this position
• Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times
• Prior experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
• Ability to plan and coordinate activities such as upgrading of hardware and software,programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites. Education – High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.