Ace Hardware Corporation.
Ace International has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Inventory Planner. In this position, your main responsibility is to manage and maintain proper inventory levels for multiple products categories throughout all International distribution centers. This is accomplished by properly managing new orders and ensuring timely delivery, and correct quantities, while responding to changing demand patterns. You will be expected to effectively and efficiently manage inventory levels while striving to maximize both service and inventory turnover. Additionally, it will be important to ensure the needs of the retailers are met..
Specifically, our Senior Inventory Planner will:
1. Calculate, review and release suggested orders creating vendor purchase orders - analyze due orders using the forecast and demand history. Ensure data collected from is included in the buying process. Conduct analysis to ensure order quantity and timing is appropriate.
2. Manage non-basic and new merchandise flow including new item set-up/fill.
3. Review lost sales/projected outs - Review and analyze lost sales/projected outs to identify trends at SKU, merchandise class, vendor, and warehouse levels. Communicate important findings to managers and sales team.
4. Expediting- Combining a review of lost sales and the placement of due orders, communicate with vendors, our Shanghai team, warehouse team and freight forwarders to move purchase orders that are critical to improving or maintaining service level as quickly as possible through the entire supply chain.
5. Customer requests - field requests via phone and email and work quickly to provide solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
* Bachelor's Degree required (Preferred emphasis in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations, Finance, or a business related field, or equivalent functional area) or 5 years of Ace or relevant industry experience of which at least 12 months experience as a Demand or Replenishment Planner preferred.
* Shows aptitude for forecasting demand and developing replenishment strategies in the absence of significant demand history.
* Proficient with fulfillment and demand planning software
* Analytical Skills: the ability to solve problems and make decision with the information provided.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor
* Must manage time efficiently, have strong organization skills and the ability to multitask, and prioritize as needed.
* Demonstrates initiative and is self-motivated
* Intermediate computer skills to retrieve, manipulate, analyze and interpret data using tools such as WebFocus as well as the a bility to work and understand different types of computer applications.
* Strong understanding of supply chain principles
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws. Additional Info Job Industries Retail
Ace Hardware Corporation.
Website : http://www.acehardware.com