Products and Technology
NOTE: BY APPLYING YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SUBMITTED TO ALL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING OPENINGS WITHIN INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING. OUR GOAL IS FOR YOU TO APPLY ONCE AND HAVE YOUR RESUME REVIEWED BY MULTIPLE HIRING TEAMS.
Locations - Burlington, MA; Indianapolis, IN; San Francisco, CA; Bellevue, WA; Herndon VA: Vancouver, BC, Canada,
ABOUT SALESFORCE INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
Salesforce hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. We are building out our teams to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
(Check out our We are Salesforce Engineering video -
We are Salesforce Engineering
We are building out our teams to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced Capacity Planner who can step up and own big chunks of that vision. Understanding systems infrastructure demand and utilization is core to the success of the Salesforce service. As a Capacity Planner, you will analyze customer usage and forecast demand across our global fleet of systems. This role will be part of a team of capacity planning professionals who have experience with understanding systems utilization and demand in the whole infrastructure stack (e.g. server, storage, networking, datacenter), statistics, and data modeling to analyze and forecast infrastructure demand.
* Establish a 12-18 month capacity plan and coordinate the execution of this plan with the delivery team
* Gather and analyze long-range plans on a bi-annual basis
* Recommend plan to optimize systems investment, allocation and deployment
* Analyze forecasted trend with consideration of historical growth and initiatives known to impact workload on our infrastructure
* Conduct what-if simulations and bottleneck analysis
* Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, operations and engineering teams to find resolutions
* Present clear findings and recommendations to senior leadership regarding the appropriate capacity plan to support the service
* Experience in capacity management, planning, forecasting, and scheduling is a plus
* Fundamental knowledge of systems infrastructure and how services interact with the underlying hardware
* Deep analytical skills enabling comprehension and development of complex technical issues, topics, and plans. Interpret data from multiple sources and determine impact on infrastructure capacity
* Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from tracking machine growth and user growth metrics
* Creative problem solving bringing strategic business insights from an in-depth analysis of the data
* Strong interpersonal and executive presentation skills needed to convey capacity recommendations
* Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
* Experience in Infrastructure or Technical Operations is a plus
* BA/BS in Business or Operations, with some Computer Science background, is preferred. Equivalent degree or experience is equally acceptable
ARE YOU AN UPCOMING OR RECENT GRADUATE (WITHIN THE PAST 2.5 YEARS)? PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR FUTUREFORCE PROGRAM AT WWW.SALESFORCE.COM/FUTUREFORCE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST BUT WE ARE SEEKING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCED ENGINEERS.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes s World s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune s 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
We are Salesforce Engineering
Salesforce FY18 Year in Review
Salesforce Ohana Culture
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies—including our flagship sales and CRM applications—help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways.