Ralston Purina Company.
Logistics Planner - Dekalb, IL','18001684','!*!POSITION SUMMARY:
The Logistics Planner position provides the tactical execution of the transportation team through load planning, load tendering, and load scheduling functions to meet internal and external customer expectations. The Logistics Planner interacts with a large number of internal and external critical partners.
• Efficiently plan, tender, and schedule the distribution of products using the SAP TM system.
• Daily interaction with cross-functional areas including customer service, carriers, facilities, and deployment.
• Take initiative and make decisions independently weighing customer needs/facility requirements/carrier capacity and escalating as appropriate.
• Utilize SAP TM system and published route guides while balancing service and costs.
• Maintain the daily communication to all affected parties (Nestle, Vendors, Customers, etc). Represent a critical “face” to these same groups and will maintain a proper professional approach in all interactions (face to face; phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.)
• Work to optimize warehouse and deployment schedules, carrier equipment, mode, lane costs, and customer on time delivery.
• Pursue Continuous Process Improvement on a regular basis.
• Support Nestlé Operational Master Plan, Nestlé Continuous Excellence Initiatives, and business processes.
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Builds strong working relationships with internal and external customers. This includes the Customer, Carrier, Facilities, Supply Chain and Shared Services.
• Daily communication on exceptions, changes to the facility\transport environment, problem resolution and of equipment\service needs. Provide input to resolve capacity and service needs; opportunities to make changes to route guides, commitments and plans.
• Continuous education pursued on the Transportation Management System.
• Actively supports the Nestle Continuous Excellence culture and lives the values of zero waste, one team, and 100% engagement.
Other duties as assign: includes meetings, projects, travel, training and other necessary tasks to support adding the most value to Nestle.
','!*!REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High School Diploma, with a college education preferred
• Requires a professional approach to internal and external customer's and\or vendors
• Portrays a professional image and demeanor
• Transportation and\or logistics experience preferred. Load planning experience a plus
• Experience in a tactical and fast-paced environment a plus
• Experience in a Customer Service a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical, decision-making skills and good judgment is required
• Strong interpersonal skills a must
• Must be able to manage the multi-tasking, priority shifting stress of an operational environment
• Must be able to function in a team environment
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook Programs
','Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation','US-IL-Aurora-DeKalb','','Nestle USA','Full-time','','Ongoing','Logistics Planner - Dekalb, IL
Ralston Purina Company.
Website : http://www.purina.com
The reason we're so invested in the quality of our food is because we love pets as much as you do. You’ll find pets in our homes, and even sitting by our feet as we work in our offices. Our passion for pets goes beyond pushing pet nutrition forward, and into forging partnerships in the pet welfare world and raising awareness of what pets truly need. After all, we've seen firsthand how powerful the bond with a pet can be, and the many unique ways that pets can strengthen our families and bring our communities closer. Because we want dedicated and passionate employees on our team, we make sure that Purina is a great place to work. You can tell from the moment you walk in the door that our world revolves around pets, whether you're seeing the art on the walls or the many cats and dogs that employees bring to work every day. Recently, Glassdoor.com ranked Purina No. 3 on their 2015 Best Places to Work – an Employees’ Choice Award list. For eight consecutive years, we've been recognized by the St. Louis Business Journal as the "Best Place to Work" and for the past three years, Purina has been recognized as the best place to work in St. Louis by the St. Louis Post Dispatch. We're proud of the fact that we help make our employees happy. Our quest to drive pet nutrition forward and conduct industry-leading research on the wellbeing of pets pushes our company to do more year after year. We work hard for your pets every day, and we love doing it.