Newmont Mining Corporation
Regional Business Planning and Insights - Manager
Date: Feb 12, 2018
Location: Greenwood Village, CO, US
Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (***************)
is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in
Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and
contractors, with the majority working at Newmonts core operations in
the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the
only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the
first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability
World Index. Newmonts industry leading performance is reflected
through high standards in environmental management, health and safety
for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host
communities and shareholders.
Whilst this role has no direct reports it is expected to proactively
influence and collaborate with personnel throughout the organization
to ensure that high quality plans and analysis of and against those
plans is delivered, while managing the development and improvement of
key planning and analysis tools. Key groups and individuals this role
is expected to work with are: RLT members, regional and site Finance
personnel, functional department leaders, site general managers, site
business managers and Corporate planning and Risk Management
* The scope of this role covers all of the South American Planning
process and contributes to the effectiveness of the Region
specifically as it relates to the preparation and consolidation of
the regional planning process, quality of planning, complex
analysis, summarizing planning issues for discussion with regional
and corporate leadership, assessment of risks and opportunities,
strategic impacts and effective communicates complex financial
information into readily-understandable and actionable strategic
information for the Regional and Executive decision makers.
* This role supports the regional growth and development strategy
through the strategic planning processes and strategic planning
* The role also leads structured insights and reporting process for
a consistent communication of operational and financial
performance to regional and corporate leadership stakeholders.
* Budget Planning Life Cycle. This role requires engaging at
different levels of the regional and site level organization to
provide guidance, direction and support during the Mine and
Process plan development process, related financial statements and
financial key metrics.
* Technical Accounting Subject Matter Expert. Serves as an advisor
to the sites business planning teams and the region on complex
technical accounting calculations, changes to the existing
policies and impacts for the business plans. Further, the role
work with country tax teams and regional accounting resources to
include tax and financial assumptions in budget and forecasts.
* Centralized Technical Accounting Calculations. Performs the
complex technical accounting calculations for the sites for
Inventory changes, net realizable value (NRVs) and reclamation for
the planning process for the South American sites.
* Financial Consolidation and Analysis. Supports the regional
financial integration process, performs complex analytical work to
ensure the financial results for the Region are reasonable and
accurate and aligned with the regional strategy. Further it drives
the accurate and timely submission of the Region s plans in BPC
and key messaging.
Insights and Management Reporting
* Operating Performance Management. Leads the South American
Regional Operational Dashboard that includes the consolidation of
key operating and financial performance metrics and monitoring
* Regional Operating Model. Prepare and optimize the Site Operations
Monthly Meetings presentation used by the site leadership team to
inform the Regional Leadership Team (RLT) of Site performance,
supporting leadership discussion on tactical and operational
Constraints, Framework & Boundaries
* Constraints: All planning is based on assumptions and standards,
while both are largely driven by Denver; this role participates in
a global team that helps to define those global constraints.
* This role has to work with and through many different managers to
achieve maximum results. The quality of planning work throughout
the company has a large impact on how much impact is possible from
this role. This quality of planning is something that this role is
expected to influence.
Training & Experience
* Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
* Bachelor s degree in Finance/Accounting with capital intensive
industry focus. Master s degree preferred.
* 10 -12 years experience in a finance related position with
significant mine site accounting experience preferred.
* Accounting qualifications, e.g. CA or CPA.
* Understanding of the gold mining and processing value chains and
* Experience influencing a team in a fast paced accounting/planning
* Strong leadership and decision making skills.
* Change management skills around awareness and identification of
impacts and integrating organization change management into the
context of business planning and changes to the business plans.
* Strong communication oral and written communication skills in
order to effectively convey implications of business evaluation
* Ability to effectively delegate and monitor assigned tasks.
* Proactive work ethic with strong analytical and financial skills
and a high level of accuracy.
* Able to work effectively in a cross-organizational and
* Spanish, Dutch and Sranan Tongo skills are desired but not
* The position is located in the regional headquarters in Miami,
Florida. The role requires international travel to the Peru,
Suriname and other South American locations to maintain the
service level and to facilitate a strong relationship with site
leadership team. Domestic travel to the corporate headquarters in
Denver may be required.
* The role is also an integral part of the SA Regional Planning team
reporting requirements and requires significant work outside of
normal office hours to meet the tight reporting timeframes.
To learn more about Newmont visit us at:
* Newmont website: ****************************************
* Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what
happens during each phase of a mines life):
* Newmonts blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done
in Newmonts regions and our employees):
* Newmonts annual sustainability report:
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of
our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace
culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive,
contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our
employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can
take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a
sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified
applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of
the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as
gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin,
religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money
to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In
addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide
sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application
through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for
legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or
sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and
please report this immediately to ******************.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Strategic Planning, Risk Management,
Manager, Change Management, Management, Strategy, Finance
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Newmont Mining Corporation
Website : http://www.newmont.com
Newmont Mining Corporation is primarily a gold producer, with significant assets or operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, New Zealand and Mexico. Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont is one of the world’s largest gold producers and is the only gold company included in the S&P 500 Index and Fortune 500. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, the company has around 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide