Job Title Principal Strategic Planning Analyst
Location: Boulder, CO, 80305, USA
Principal Strategic Planning Analyst
Boulder, Colorado, United States
6 days ago
**Careers that Change Lives**
The Principal of Strategy will work in conjunction with the Director, Strategy for the Respiratory, Gastrointestinal Informatics (RGI) business and the RGI leadership team. This position will play a key role in developing and executing upon the overall strategy and strategic priorities for the RGI business unit within the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group of Medtronic. The incumbent will play a key role in creating a cohesive strategy development and execution approach that will promote RGI mid and long-term growth, on a global basis and will serve as an advocate for strategic growth, expansion and disciplined execution.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
**A Day in the Life**
- Strategy Development - develop or facilitate development of the RGI strategy, including identifying and investigating growth opportunities for entering new markets, technologies, channels and geographies
- Serve as leader on key strategic projects: Drive project scoping through execution with or without support of external resources, with the cross functional business partners to guide project to completion
- Provide counsel and insight on the use of all available data including but not limited to, business planning, forecasting, market research, competitive intelligence, market analysis, trends and product launches
- Execute strategic analyses into adjacent markets, new capabilities, competitive challenges, potential new channels, execution effectiveness, and/or profitability reflecting both our current business and strategic trajectory, grounded in both strong strategic thought and related data (customer, patient, financial) and leading to a recommendation for leadership on related action.
- Utilize novel approaches and frameworks to develop insights that enable the business to make decisions and plan related execution
- Work closely with related functions - especially upstream marketing, partnerships, BD, and downstream marketing - to understand and weigh opportunities, tactics, and execution potential / requirements, driving to a recommendation for action by leadership and the business overall
- Strategy Execution - support the execution of the RGI strategy and strategic priorities, aligning with performance management goals, and utilizing change management strategies (drive consensus)
- Drive training, awareness, and adoption of strategic project execution
- Partner with Medtronics Minimally Invasive Therapies Groups Strategy and BDL teams in supporting the prioritization of RGI initiatives in the broader collection of initiatives across Minimally Invasive Therapies
- Other duties as determined by the manager
**Must Have: Minimum Requirements**
- BA or BS with coursework in decision sciences, business, economics or related quantitative fields
- Minimum of7 years total work experience
- 5 years of experience in strategy consulting, product development, management of portfolios of initiatives and, or MA, licensing and corporate finance
**Nice to Have:**
MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred
Experience in medical devices, pharmaceuticals or related fields preferred
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
**Physical Job Requirements**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: ***************************************** is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.medtronic.com/
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.