Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
Operations Planner / Staff Officer, (Northern VA) (Job Number:434135)
SAIC is currently seeking Operations Planners / Staff Officers to support the U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) in Centreville, VA.
Candidates will support ARCYBER leadership during planning and execution of training exercises and operations. Qualified applicants should have understanding of the intelligence process and operational planning processes used by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC). Personnel with significant experience planning complex operations (military, joint, multi-agency, etc.) are encouraged to apply, as are candidates with expertise in Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), All-Source Intelligence, Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), Human Intelligence (HUMINT), and other disciplines in support of the warfighter. Our team is looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Committed to teamwork and personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail; disciplined and capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure with time sensitive deadlines.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in working groups in support of collection management initiatives, planning operations and goals, initiatives, and assessments.
- Develop an understanding of customer requirements; recommend specific data sources and types to satisfy mission needs.
- Manage information within databases, relational databases, and other cloud data storage structures to satisfy customer requirements.
- Select and apply methods and techniques to generate, organize, and populate moderately complex data for databases. Evaluate data quality and determine data availability.
- Apply broad knowledge of products, data, and systems to support the extraction, analysis, and finishing of geospatial data. Prepare and validate data for web publishing.
- Create models or simulations of the intersection of data categories to enable data decisions and determine potential risk and risk mitigation.
- Synchronize data from numerous sources; develop data taxonomy to support integration into intelligence products. NOTE: Work to be performed in Centerville, VA. All personnel must have a current TS//SCI clearance.
- Active TS//SCI security clearance.
- 5 years' of relevant experience planning Complex Operations (Military, Joint, Federal Agency, Intelligence Community, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or four additional years' experience in lieu of degree.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Candidates must be proficient at Linux administration using the command line interface (CLI). Candidates must be capable of maintaining Debian or Red Hat based Linux systems to include using common CLI tools (cd, less, netstat, ps, etc.), installing and maintaining programs (apt, yum), conducting remote administration (SSH), transferring files (SCP), and performing basic troubleshooting. Candidates must be able to parse and manipulate textual data using tools such as Grep, Awk, Cut, Sed, etc.
- Candidates must possess strong a understanding of networking to include the OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol, and common application protocols including HTTP/S, DNS, Telnet, SSH, FTP, SMTP, SMB, etc.
- Candidates must possess a strong understanding of enterprise networking concepts and technologies including Cisco IOS, and routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, RIP, etc.
- Candidates must be proficient at analyzing network packet capture using industry standard tools including Wireshark, Tshark, TcpDump, Bro, Snort, etc.
- Candidates must be able to automate tasks using scripted or high level programming languages such as Python, C, Bash, etc. Candidates must be knowledgeable of basic programming constructs including variables, input/output, functions, branching (if/else), and repetition statements (for, while).
- Candidates must remain current on IT/InfoSec technologies, threats, and skills. Additional Preferred
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- SAIC gives preference to U.S. military veterans.
- Candidates with experience in Intelligence Analysis in direct support to operations (military or government) will receive strong consideration for this position and may qualify for additional compensation depending on the nature of the experience and the extent of the applicant's qualifications.
- Expertise in penetration testing, red teaming, or offensive cyber operations. o Expertise in forensics, intrusion detection, and information security operations. o Expertise in network protocol reverse engineering and fuzzing with libraries such as Scapy or Sulley.
- Expertise in network architecture and design, including knowledge of Cloud and virtualization technologies. o Active certifications from the following vendors are highly desirable: Offensive Security (OSCP), GIAC/SANS, Red Hat, OpenStack, Cisco, and VMWare.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Feb 13, 2018, 5:45:50 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: Top Secret/SCI
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Top Secret/SCI
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
Website : http://www.saic.com
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."