Sr Marketing & Planning Director
Aiken, SC, 29803, USA
**Business Line** Government
**Position Title** Sr Marketing & Planning Director
United States of America - South Carolina
AECOM is seeking a
**Sr. Marketing & Planning Director** to be based in our Aiken, SC location. The Sr. Marketing & Planning Director will be responsible for the AECOM standard process and tools for proposal development; responsible for scheduling and planning proposals, developing budget for doing the proposal, and securing proposal resources, ensuring overall consistency and quality of AECOM proposals. Also, serves as proposal manager for large strategic pursuits. Trains and develops proposal staff. Develops stable of Sub-Consultants, flex and other resources to augment direct staff.
1. This is the top Marketing and Planning Director responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Marketing Planning, and Proposal functions for the entire Business.
2. Responsible for monitoring the Business brand and upholding the consistent identity of the Business's image.
3. Responsible for the strategic planning process and for Business initiatives relative to Marketing and Planning.
4. Responsible for ensuring that the Business-wide knowledge management system is maintained and that its information is accessible to the entire Business, fostering a whole Business capability.
5. Reviews staffing levels and capabilities and participates in the selection of marketing talent.
6. Demonstrates wide-range knowledge of the Business, its organizational structure, and philosophy, as well as the engineering and construction industry.
7. Directs, conducts, and coordinates the sales, marketing, proposal, research, and planning activities.
8. Approves marketing, research, planning programs, and other marketing services based on size, type, and structure of the operation and organization.
9. Applies sound professional judgment in solving a variety of complex and difficult problems requiring the use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity.
10. Duties are complex and require extensive and diversified experience and abilities, and knowledge of marketing and planning principles and practices.
11. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
BS in journalism or communications or engineering or equivalent degree with significant experience in communications and proven ability to write.
7-12 years of experience developing/managing large strategic proposals (comparable in size, scope and complexity) to ones pursued by AECOM.
Must have proposal management experience and ability and desire to manage large strategic proposals.
Project management experience and strong organizational skills. PMP preferred.
Experience with delivery of environmental and/or nuclear projects
US Federal Governmental proposal experience.
Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams and ability to drive teams to success.
Ability to manage to cost and schedule under unforgiving conditions.
Experience with marketing communications
Experience managing an ongoing program or organization
Ability to create and maintain standardized process and tools for proposal development.
Understanding of all aspects of proposal development – technical, cost/schedule, and contract/financial.
Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be US Citizen.
Position may require travel.
Master's degree preferred.
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:_
_Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**_Job Category_** _Business Development_
**_Business Group_** _Management Services Group (MS)_
**_Country_** _United States of America_
**_Position Status_** _Full-Time_
**_Requisition/Vacancy No._** _184488BR_
_Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status._
Website : http://www.aecom.com
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).