Our client is currently seeking a Supply Planner
This is a key Supply Chain role responsible for managing the supply planning process by efficiently converting the global demand requirements into an attainable supply/production plan for products processed. This individual would also be responsible for creating a forecast/buy plan for raw materials. The Supply Planner will serve as the main point of contact for all manufacturing planning activities related to the demand of a specific Production Cell.
Core Supply Planning activities include:
* Develop monthly requirements to derive future business resource requirements for production capabilities and collaborate daily with operations to ensure execution.
* Provide reliable and accurate forecasts to cross-functional teams to increase visibility of requirements.
* Collaborate with business partners and lead efforts to address demand-supply gaps and plans to close the gaps
* Successfully lead cross-functional teams in monthly supply planning working sessions and supply reviews of supply planning processes.
* Work with financial leaders to update the financial forecasts per the required scheduled cadence.
* Assure 100% alignment with approved supply plan by demonstrating thought leadership, creativity in solving problems and the ability to appropriately communicate and escalate issues as needed.
* Improve the supply planning quality by effectively analyzing sources of supply volatility and recommending appropriate action plans.
* Support execution for new product launches and end of life phases as it relates to the supply planning function.
* Responsible for achieving and improving both service level and supply attainment metrics.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or other related field or equivalent relevant work experience. Prefer degree in Supply Chain Management. Prefer APICS certifications.
* 2 years planning experience, manufacturing / production planning experience preferred. Demonstrated understanding of supply chain manufacturing operations.
* Computer skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel data mining/reporting, Microsoft Access skills will be a plus.
* Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated customer service orientation. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proven record working within a dynamic and results oriented organization focused on empowered work teams.
* Demonstrated efficient work methods and an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work independently while making key decisions that impact the larger manufacturing team.
* Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for quality/cGMP compliance, customer service levels, inventory management, and cost reduction.