Oversees programs directed at the protection of company assets in the supply chain from DC outbound through to Store delivery. Analyses and reports on the standards, policies, procedures and metrics relating to the protection of these assets in the supply chain. Responsible for conducting unbiased and objective audits of all 3rd party pool operations as defined by Loss Prevention and Transportation and is a key resource for authorizing the opening of new pools. Additionally, implements the network Shortage Control programs for the protection of merchandise flowing from DC's to stores. The LP Supply Chain Outbound Auditor/Investigator may also be assigned additional projects involving LP system administration, remote and physical surveillance, and/or data analysis as business needs change.
* Pool Audits: Responsible for conducting unbiased and objective audits of 3rd party pool operations. Ensures pool security set up is in compliance with Ross Loss Prevention and Transportation policies and procedures. Through these inspections validates the integrity of controls in place to ensure accuracy and completeness of inventory records and protection of company assets. Interfaces in a professional way with carriers, stores, and various Ross departments as appropriate. Assists Loss Prevention department in conducting security set-up inspections of new pool operations before they can be opened. Documents and communicates results of audits to LP and Transportation department and works to resolve questions that occur as a result of the audit process. Demonstrates a commitment to core values of safety, integrity, process improvement and customer satisfaction.
* Shortage Control Programs: Responsible for driving the implementation of the outbound network Shortage Control action plan. This includes ensuring compliance with the Ross lock and seal procedures at pool and store locations, investigating potential shortage issues that are detected through our GPS tracking and seal compliance reporting process and maintaining networking relationships with other retailers to detect potential theft patterns. Assists the Loss Prevention Department in any other loss Prevention tasks during down time.
* Remote Monitoring: Responsible for identifying internal or external theft activity by using all investigative resources available, i.e., remote monitoring, exception reporting, store and system reports, internet surveillance, GPS Tracking and physical surveillance, etc. Maintain accurate records of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
* Credibility & Trust
* Analysis and Judgment
* Planning & Organizing
* Results Driven
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, industrial security or business administration preferred.
* Minimum 5-10 years progressively challenging roles in the area of loss prevention, security & asset protection or equivalent in the distribution or retail field.
* Strong analytical, independent thinker.
* Must have proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Ability to gather and interpret information as well as develop, recommend and implement solutions.
* Skilled in interviewing and fact finding. Not afraid to challenge and confront in a professional manner.
* Should also have the written and oral communication skills to present to audiences of varying levels, including VP down to Hourly.
* Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
* Must demonstrate consistent principled behaviors, values and sound business ethics.
* Job will require extensive travel (up to 80%)